How to win a giveaway: 5 easy steps
Winning a sweepstakes can be a lot of fun. My mother gets excited every time she hears the doorbell and in fact some of our phone conversations consist of her telling me what to look for in the mail (in case she has won something for me), or what her latest or greatest prizes. state. The first time he called, I admit it was a bit of fun when he gave me gift certificates for free meals. After that, they sometimes call her to share a gift card for the purchase or just to share some great prizes, like exclusive concert tickets.
With that said, there are some quick and easy strategies you can employ to help increase your chances of winning and winning more often.
1. Winning the raffle is a numbers game. The more you participate and the more often, the better your chances of winning. Simply put, if only two people participate in a sweep, then you have a one in two chance of winning. Now, in other words, a 50% chance of winning. If 10,000 people enter, and you only have one entry in 10,000. You may still win, but it is less likely.
Likewise, the number of giveaways you regularly participate in plays a big role. If you only enter one sweepstakes in a month, then you win or lose. But, if you enter 300 giveaways / month that claim to have 100 entries each, then you are much more likely to win something, or maybe even some prizes.
Based on my experience speaking to people who successfully enter giveaways, in general, at a minimum, they will participate in at least 50 different giveaways per day. If they really want to increase their chances, they will generally enter at least 250-300 / day.
2. If you know what you want, “hard to enter” giveaways give you a good chance too. There are some companies that make it difficult for people to participate in giveaways, such as implementing captchas, having to create a user account, having to complete a survey, etc., etc., before they can participate. (Personally, I think those companies are making a mistake, because they are ‘limiting’ the exposure of the giveaway, when the goal is to get as many people as possible to know about the company and the promotion.) However, the good news for you is that the odds are very well, simply because not so many people come in.
For example, I have seen some ‘video’ giveaways that required the user to submit a fun video, with a prize pool of $ 250,000. For “$ 250,000”, there were literally only about 700 videos after extensive promotion, and I think it was a couple of months. The odds are exceptionally good. Also, giveaways that require captchas or surveys also give you a very good chance of winning prizes because not many people want to participate, because it is too much work.
Now why do I say you need to ‘know’ what you want in this case? This is because these types of giveaways will take longer to participate. Sometimes 10-15 minutes. But if you are focused and are only concentrating on those giveaways, then since you only have so much time in one day, you have a very good chance of winning the prizes you want.
3. Consistency is important. For example, the daily giveaways are great and offer some wonderful prizes, but you must enter every day to increase your chances. You must log in regularly to see the results. Just as you didn’t stop trying to learn to ride a bike after the first try as a kid, you shouldn’t give up after just one or two draws. Consistency is important.
4. Tell your friends about your awards and the company that sponsored them! Although naturally you would probably do it anyway, it is important to remember to mention the company. Why? And how does that help your chances? Well, companies offer giveaways because in the long run, they want to present great products and services to people. One way to do this is through “word of mouth” advertising, also known as giveaways. If they get ‘feedback’ that they had a very successful promotion (that is, a lot of people talked about your company, ideally in such a way that they ended up getting more sales because of it, from people who wanted to buy from them), then they are much more likely to offer those kinds of giveaways in the future, or even more. And of course, if there are more draws, that means you have a better chance of winning.
5. Smile, have fun, and be patient!
Entering a giveaway should be fun! It’s fun to imagine what big or amazing prizes you could win and of course if you win it’s even more of a great feeling! And, of course, patience is important. This is not like a “job” where you know you will receive a fixed salary every two weeks. No. This is a sweepstakes. Sometimes you need to wait at least two or three months before seeing results. Simply because, it can take a month for the giveaway to end, and then it may take another 2-4 weeks for the company to contact people to award the prizes.
You want to keep doing it consistently, because if you win, you’ll still have a good chance of winning. If you only do it once or twice (and let’s say you won three months later) then you will have to start over and most likely wait another 2-3 months before seeing an award.