Home remedies for a sore throat that are easy and effective
A sore throat is a very common medical complaint that can affect anyone of any age group. There are many products available that are specially formulated to alleviate and treat this ailment. But you can also treat your sore throat with natural remedies. Here, in this article, you will find how to relieve throat pain and irritation through home treatments.
Below are some of the most commonly used home remedies for a sore throat. The ingredients used in these home remedies are completely natural and herbal and can be easily found in your kitchen or garden cupboard.
1. Gargling with alum (phitkari) is an effective home remedy for a sore throat. Mix two grams of alum in half a glass of warm water. Gargle with this water. This relieves swelling and a sore throat.
2. Boil ten grams of bishop’s herb (ajwain) in 500 grams of water for 15 minutes. Let it cool, then add two pinches of salt and gargle twice a day. This flushes out excess mucus. This is another effective sore throat remedy.
3. Grind and mix Indian gooseberry (amla) and licorice (mulethi) nuts in equal amounts. Take this mixture one teaspoon twice a day, in the morning and in the evening for two weeks. You can also take six grams of this mixture along with an equivalent amount of sweet sugar with 250 grams of milk. This is beneficial in relieving a sore throat.
4. To relieve sore and sore throat, mix dried coriander (dhaniya) and sugar in equal amounts and chew one teaspoon two or three times a day.
5. Pineapple juice is another useful home remedy for a sore throat, but consume it in small amounts at frequent intervals.
6. Herbs like ginger (adrak), garlic (lahsun) and holy basil (tulsi) show beneficial effects in this condition. You can take any of these herbs and grind their juice. Take the juice along with a teaspoon of honey. These relieve irritation and sore throat.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should take all precautionary measures while following the instructions on home remedies in this article. Avoid using any of these ingredients and products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.
Copyright © Ryan Mutt, all rights reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, please enable all URLs (links).