Anti-aging facial protocol with glycolic acid
Before starting any skin care regimen, check with your doctor.
The goal of the anti-aging facial is to keep future aging at bay (non-surgical results) and to help correct past damage to the superficial tissues of the epidermis. Intrinsic factors such as: hereditary disposition (genetics) play an important role in the overall health of the skin. Extrinsic risks such as medication / drug use or abuse; tobacco / alcohol use / abuse; Hormonal fluctuations and sun exposure can wreak havoc on the skin. The SOL is the worst culprit.
The integumentary (skin) system is the largest system in the body and encapsulates all the other systems and organs in the body. Without it we would look like something out of a horror movie … “THE BLOB”. There are six (6) functions of the skin: Absorption; Temperature regulation; Excretion; Secretion; Protection; Sensory. Due to its many functions, the skin is our first line of defense and must be treated with the utmost respect.
Follow these instructions to help repair and to the best of our ability … prevent future damage. Even if you use another skincare line, these steps can still be managed. This protocol is based on the LUMIRANCE and PURAMED Professional brands. Let us begin.
1. Remove all makeup with Lotion Cleanser (LUMIRANCE) or any makeup remover.
2. Use a warm face cloth and wipe face with GREEN TEA CLEANER (PURAMED) or CLEANER / LOTION IN GEL (LUMIRANCE). Use about the size of a large pea and apply to the skin. Let it sit on the skin for about 3 minutes. This will help dissolve and dislodge oils and impurities from your skin. This is similar to soaking a greasy skillet after cooking.
3. Degrease the skin with one of the following: 70% / 90% alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover). Use acetone with care, as it dries a lot. They all strip the face of all sebum (oil). However, they could sting. Use a cotton pad / square and rub into skin. Let evaporate and do not rinse.
4. Apply PURAMED 10% Glycolic or AHA 10% Chemical Peel with the Kojic product you purchased using a cotton pad, fan brush or, for a more aggressive treatment, use gauze. Work into the skin in circular motions, paying special attention to the corners of the eyes, the nasolabial lines (corners of the nose to the mouth). AVOID CONTACT WITH THE EYES !!! Use a cotton swab and pass the tissue under the eye as close to the eye as possible. DO NOT USE ON THE UPPER PART OF THE EYE! Leave on for up to 10 minutes. Consider your ability to tolerate the exfoliating solution. Fill the sink with cold water mixed with a couple of tablespoons of baking soda (baking soda). This will create a stop of the reaction. Rinse several times at least (3 times). DO NOT SCRUB THE SKIN AFTER RINSING. DRY SKIN ONLY. The acid will tickle and itch while you use it. The more you use it, the less these symptoms will appear. Use it every night for as long as your skin can tolerate it without turning red or inflamed. Mild redness is expected. It may look like a sunburn. This is normal. KEEP OUT OF THE SUN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. NOTE: This treatment is intended to dry out the skin and loosen the bond between the skin cells that will allow them to shed. EXPECT TO FIGHT TO SOME MEASURE. They all react differently due to the sebum (oil) content of the skin.
5. Serum Applications: Serums always come after the exfoliation phase of any facial and can be applied in any order. It is very important to remove the outermost dead layers of the epidermis at least 2 to 3 times a week. Serums will penetrate deeper into skin tissue more easily if you exfoliate first (either with manual or chemical scrubs).
6. Apply your 14% Vitamin C Serum. (PURIFIED) or ANTIOXIDANT SERUM (LUMIRANCE). Use approximately two (2) pumps and apply quickly to skin until absorbed. Can be used on hands and cleavage.
7. Apply your Alpha Arbutin Skin Lightening Serum (PURAMED) or Skin Lightening Serum (LUMIRANCE). Use one (1) pump. Quickly apply to face, neck and décolleté. It can also be used on the hands.
8. Apply your Hyaluronic Replenishing Serum (PURAMED) or THE SERUM (LUMIRANCE). Use one (1) pump and apply to skin until absorbed. Apply to face and neck. This is the PUMP! You will love it !!!
9. Use your Green Tea Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF30 + (PURAMED) or HYRASHIELD 30 (LUMIRANCE) daily in the morning after completing Step 2 and after any exfoliation (Step 4). Always wash your face in the morning and at night and use sunscreen during daylight hours.
By committing to a daily schedule initially and then using it as needed for maintenance, your skin will look and feel rejuvenated and clear.